Take the pledge to start your Plastic Free July! Plastic Free July is a global movement that helps millions of people be part of the solution to plastic pollution – so we can have cleaner streets, oceans, and beautiful communities. Have you started making the switch to a more green lifestyle? Living green isn’t hard, it just takes effort and repetition. Our collection of plastic alternatives will help you to cut down single-use plastics and adopt an eco-friendly lifestyle. It's understandable that it might not always be easy or convenient to completely cut out plastics or single-use items but it can be easier with a few switches to reusable products.
Our trash crisis is huge but it’s hard to see and easy to ignore. In the US, most of us have a trash service, it comes once a week to pick up our waste and it disappears like nothing happened. We so thoughtlessly consume because we’ve never been pushed to consider the waste we create. Recycling was thought to be the answer, but it’s not anymore. The answer is choosing reusable products and reducing our waste. You have the power to switch out single use products for reusable products. You have the power to lead, to set the example and to be an inspiration for those surrounding you.
- Skip the single use plastic straw next time you eat out, “no straw please”, and whip out your reusable stainless steel straw or simply drink from the cup.
- Get yourself a few reusable tote bags and leave them in your car, next time you go grocery shopping remember to take them in and use them instead of the bag(s) the grocery store offers.
- Find a reusable bottle you love and refill it every time you want a beverage. (Fun Tip: sometimes when I want a soda I take my bottle into places will self serve soda machines, have them change me whatever size they need to, and will fill my bottle up with soda.)
- Introduce Swedish Dishcloths into your home. Encourage their use over paper towels and find how they best fit into your life.
- Get an assorted pack of Bee’s Wraps and reusable sandwich bags. Put them in the same drawer as your foil, plastic wrap and plastic sandwich bags. Give yourself the option to choose an eco-friendly alternative, and then use it.
Find the balance that works for you and your household. We aren’t perfect, sometimes we will forget to communicate what we want or don’t want, or sometimes we will forget our reusable option(s) at home. That’s okay, thank yourself for trying and forgive yourself for forgetting. Building that conscious effort into our lives is an achievement in itself. This Plastic Free July, we encourage you to introduce one ✨NEW✨ reusable alternative into your life and put it into practice.
Overwhelmed? Take small steps. Small changes = HUGE IMPACT!